June 24th - Fishing Activity with Dirty Dozen
July 4th - Community Service (optional)
Message from Hanover College Tour Guide
- Help hand out flyers during July 4th downtown fireworks
- Time = TBA
- Drop-off and Pick-up = TBA
- Anyone who particiates will be given POP CON tickets and a t-shirt
Good evening, all.
This is Hunter Guthrie, your tour guide from the weekend. Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to come visit Hanover, and I hope you had a
wonderful conclusion to your trip--as well as an exciting experience at Holiday World.
Additionally, attached to this email are the pictures I took of you at the Hanover College Point. Our printer is malfunctioning at the College; as
such, we cannot print it and send it as a post card because we have no timetable for that printer to be fixed. On the bright side, with these
images you will be better able to distribute the images to all of the attendees.
However, I mostly want to congratulate all members of BoysIIMen on your outstanding work. The various opportunities that the organization provides
these kids and young men are invaluable and incredibly astounding; I wish that I had something so great available to me as I was growing into my own.
Moreover, your efforts have been rewarded; these young men have seized the day and completely captured the essence of the organization. Throughout the
past 2 years, I have spent most of my time outside of school working with children through the YMCA School-Age Care Program. This program has allowed
me to work with countless individuals from a multitude of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds: black, white, Mexican, Cuban, English, and Peruvian, Jamaican, rich, poor, middle class...you name it, and everything in between.
NEVER--not once--before have I ever encountered a group of such passionate, fun, enthusiastic, respectful, well-mannered, intelligent, and eager
individuals. The work that you put in to craft them and mold them around their potential, and then the work that they have reciprocated, really
showed on their visit: they are fantastic young men. I was particularly impressed that these sophomores, freshmen, and even younger men knew so much
about the college process and had so many important questions about the school. Again, I wish that I could have been privy to the same sort of drive
and knowledge base that these young men already have.
I am still a student in college; as such, my opinion is not one entrenched in as much experience as others. However, I want to make it clear how blown
away I was my your organization. You are making dreams come true, and if you young men stay on the path you are yourselves crafting with the help of
BoysIIMen, your dreams WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY.
While you were thankful that I could help out on your tour, I am thankful that I could be graced with your presence for an hour--and I wish it would
have been longer. I had a great experience with you; hopefully, this is not the last we will see or hear from each other. Using this email, feel free to
contact me and I will be sure to get back with you and help any of you to the best of my abilities.
3 claps for all of you!
Message from Levi Coffin House
To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Bill Kinsey and I am a volunteer at the Levi Coffin House in Fountain City, IN The Coffin House was a station on the Underground
Railroad. I group from Boys II Men stopped by this past Saturday for a tour as part of their college visit trip.
I just wanted to say that this group of your men was one of the best tours I have ever given at the Coffin House. They were not only well behaved but
they were very engaged during the tour and asked many thoughtful and inspired questions.
Some had questions and ideas that I had never heard from other groups.
I was very impressed by the students and the mentors.
Registration is CLOSED
Boys II Men - for boys in Grades 7, 8, & 9
Boys II Men II - for boys in Grades 4, 5, & 6
- Next Open Registration will be July 14th to August 29th
- Step 1: Contact Dr. Lars Rascoe (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration information or use our "How to Join" page to send us an email
- Step 2: Attend the first session with your child to fill out paperwork, meet the mentors, pay $25 registration fee, and see how the program works
- Visit our "Boys II Men" or "Boys II Men II" Program Page for more details
Boys II Men will not attend these events as a group, but cadets, families, and friends are welcome to attend individually.
Back to School Celebration Registration 2017
- Date: Sunday, July 23, 2017
- Time: 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- Location: Washington Park Family Center 3130 E. 30th St. Indianapolis IN 46204
- About: Tip off the school year in style by being a part of the 12th annual Catch the Stars Back to School Celebration on Sunday, July 24th from 12pm-2pm at Washington Park Family Center.
- This free event includes entertainment, food, fun & a backpack giveaway (for students grades K-12). Registration is required! LImited space available, so don't delay! Register today!!!
- Select 1 ticket to register & you can register up to 5 kids at once!
- Registration ends on July 10, 2017 -ONLY 600 spots available.
Grandparents/Kinship Support Group
Monthly Flyers and Text Reminders
- Want to receive monthly email flyers and/or text reminders for big events, cancellations, etc...
- Please email email@example.com to be added to our email and/or text distribution list